I pinched this from the fabulous Dorkchops, as these are fun questions!
1. How did you get your blog username?
As I have more expensive taste than my wages can afford, I often end up living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
2. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
I used to think my name was quite boring but I doubt I would change it now. If I did, it would be Marianne (in homage to my idol, Ms Faithfull!).
3. If you could go back and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why?
Relax…don’t waste time worrying about things. Enjoy the time you spend with your friends and don’t try to conform! Listen to the Clash even more than you already do.
4. How old were you when you first learned how to blow a bubblegum bubble?
Probably about 8?
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
Goodness, this changed quite often. I think it was a hairdresser first, then an actress and then a writer! I would still love to write professionally but can rarely manage my own hair, so I think the hairdressing route is out 🙂
6. What do you order at Starbucks?
I dislike Starbucks coffee immensely; it’s too strong! Americano (no milk) from almost anywhere else.
7. When’s the hardest you’ve ever laughed?
With my Irish grandmother, many times. I miss her dearly. Luckily, my boyfriend is one of the funniest people I’ve ever met!
8. If you could play any musical instrument, what would it be and why?
The guitar! I spent my teens wanting to be Johnny Thunders.
9. What’s your favourite thing to do when your upset?
Yoga and mindfulness help immensely. A good Scorsese film does too, I love getting lost in a great mafioso tale.
10. What’s your favourite movie?
This is difficult, I watch so many films! Maybe ‘Darling’ (1965).
11. What’s one food you can’t live without?
Bread, unfortunately! I always eat wholemeal, as white bread doesn’t taste as good to me.
12. What is your favourite dessert?
Tiramisu. It’s absolutely heavenly, always the option I’ll choose when looking through a dessert menu.
13. Favourite pizza topping?
Pepperoni! With plenty of roquito peppers and onions.
14. Would you rather have the super power to read minds or to become invisible?
I’d like the anonymity of being invisible but it might get a bit lonely…the constant voices would not be a good thing, though! Invisibility it is.
15. What did you do last for your birthday?
My boyfriend took me for an Italian meal, which was delicious at the time, but I got sick from some of the mushrooms that were in the dish!! Other than that, it was lovely 😉
16. If you could have one personal “selfish” wish, would would it be?
My first thought involved Michael Fassbender…hmm. On a deeper scale, I would love to become completely enlightened and lead a peaceful, comfortable life.
17. If you were a pokemon, what would you look like? And what would you be called?
I would be an electric blue little mammal-type beastie! I used to love Pokemon…hands up if you had a Game Boy (feeling old).