In this age of high technology, materialism and general stresses of everyday life, we can sometimes forget what’s truly important to us. Gratitude lists help us to focus on the best things in our lives, as well as identify the things we hold on to that longer serve us.
I’m thankful for:
1. My health; I can walk, talk, listen and look.
2. The people around me. I know I’m incredibly lucky to have a supportive family, a boyfriend who makes me cry with laughter and friends, whom I love spending time with.
3. A place to live and take shelter.
4. Nature. Nothing is more calming to me than spending time alone somewhere rural, with nothing but the breeze and the sounds of nature around me. Even the more rowdy birds!!
5. Music. It can make an enormous difference to your mood (it does with me, anyway!) and there is always something new to find. Or, you can listen to ‘Jubilee Street’ by Nick Cave for the billionth time (ahem) and float away in its majesty.
I’d love to hear what you would put on your gratitude list! Please do feel free to carry this on in your own blog or pop a comment below, you can list as many things as you like.