Firstly, thank you to Fun Lovin’ Travellers, who kindly nominated me for this award! The questions you asked me are below, together with my answers.
What inspired you to start blogging?
I wanted to share my honest opinions of beauty products with everyone. It also gives me time to write, which I love doing.
How did you decide on a blog name?
The name comes from one of my favourite mottos (i.e. living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget) and signifies the importance of appreciating life, enjoying yourself and not placing too much value on materialistic/ridiculously expensive objects. I would like to own a Mulberry bag one day but if that doesn’t happen, it’s not going to break my heart!
Where do you find blogging inspiration?
Mainly from my own life, sometimes from current affairs and quite often from the arts (film, music, etc). I hope to incorporate more personal posts in the future, as Champagne or Lemonade has transitioned from a beauty focus, to a lifestyle blog!
What types of social media do you use for your blog?
Twitter, Bloglovin’ and Instagram; they make it easy to engage with people. I may open a Facebook for the blog in the future but I find it slightly clunky!
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The community! It’s lovely to share with others and gain so much inspiration from your posts.
What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
Trying to get my head around the best platform for my blog! I hope to relocate it from WordPress to a snazzier host in the future but have no idea where to start?!
What have you learned about blogging?
Plan your posts, post regularly and use social media.
If you could give 1 piece of advise to a new blogger what would it be?
Be consistent with your postings, be true to yourself and enjoy!
When do you blog? (Time of day)
No set time but I often write and schedule posts on a Sunday.
Where do you see your blog in a years time?
On another platform (one hopes!), with a wider variety of posts.
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions your nominator has provided.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
I won’t notify you all individually; it’s entirely up to you if you would like to do this 🙂 I am delighted to nominate:
If you would like to take part, here are my questions to you!
- Do you have a favourite quote?
- What is the first book you remember reading?
- In a word, how would you describe your blog?
- If you had the power to travel back in time, when would you travel to? What would you do?!
- What subject/topic do you enjoy blogging about?
- Is there someone (famous or not) who inspires you?
- Name a city you would like to visit.
- What is your favourite time of year?
- What is your favourite colour to wear?
- Do you use social media for your blog?