As 2015 draws to a close, I’ve started thinking about which products have really worked for me this year and taking note of the ones which haven’t worked so well! I won’t elaborate on the disappointments but instead, from the archives, here are the five best products I’ve tried this year:
- Charlotte Tilbury – The Vintage Vamp Eye Palette. There was no doubt in my mind that this would be top of the list. I’ve used the palette extensively, for both day and nighttime wear; it works beautifully for either and is long-lasting (both in terms of wearage and the product itself).
- Sleek Barekissed Illuminator in Monaco. Although best worn during the warm summer months, this is an excellent highlighter for fairer complexions.
- Decleor Phytopeel Natural Exfoliating Cream. It smells great, gently removes dead skin and leaves your skin looking poreless. A wonderful treat!
- The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I hadn’t tried this Body Shop classic before 2015 and it’s firmly established itself as a staple of my skincare routine. Good used with a muslin cloth and a bottle should last you months (even if used daily).
- INM Out the Door Top Coat Nail Polish. Since publishing this review, I’m still a fidget and this product is enormously helpful for drying my nails rapidly. It gives the perfect finish to any manicure and greatly lessens the chance of smudging!
What’s the best beauty product you’ve tried this year?